Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's 2012

We just started a new year.  We feel so blessed for our health, our kids, our happy marriage, and our home.  2011 could have been a better year financially, but we hope 2012 will be better.

Katie and I each had to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.  The topic for Katie was how her testimony in Christ helped her in 2011 and mine was strengthening your testimony in Christ for the new year.  I spent much of my talk referencing Neal A. Maxwell's talk "Swallowed Up in the Will of The Father."  It was a talk that had great impact on me as a missionary and it was timely to read through it again.  It certainly encouraged me to try a little harder.  Katie used a talk by Richard G. Scott for her talk, "The Power of a Strong Testimony."  She did a great job.  I was reminded how lucky I am to have her as my wife.  Mason started primary.  Gwen told us that he was brought to the front during sharing time as an example of a reverent child.  I was surprised to hear that and am quite certain it will be the only time he'll be recognized for such a role.

For New Year's Katie and I took the kids out for pizza.  We then played Yatzee with Gwen.  The kids were down by 8:00 and Katie and I were down well before midnight.

2012 will certainly have its challenges.  It will be the first year that we'll get to see what a "busy season" is like for Katie.  It will also be the first summer in a long time that Gwen won't have Katie home with her.  I truly hope she adjusts well.  As for me, I really need to start making some money.  I've felt like a failure at work lately and am tired of watching our savings shrink.  I'd like to pay off our debts and start putting some money in the bank.  I'd also like to make sure our family has the opportunity to travel abroad this year.  The kids are growing up so quickly that I really feel this strong desire to get out and travel as a family while we all still have time together.

Here's hoping for a prosperous 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment